What is it like to have dyslexia? How would it affect your daily life?
IDA New Hampshire demonstrates components of Experience Dyslexia®, a learning disability simulation developed by the IDA Northern California Branch. The simulation is a hands-on activity that lets participants experience some of the challenges and frustrations faced by people with this language-based learning disability.
Demonstrations may include:
- Learn to Read simulates a beginning reading problem
- Listen to Me simulates an auditory figure-ground problem
- Write with Mirrors simulates a visual-motor and writing problem
- Name That Letter simulates a letter-word identification problem
- Write or Left simulates a copy and writing problem
- Hear and Spell simulates an auditory discrimination problem